- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Data Collected Automatically: When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- When Users visit our site, place an order, subscribe to our community, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site, they may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address and/or phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION:
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. We use the following types of cookies on our Site to enhance User experience. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
Third-Party Cookies: Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
- Analytics and Measurement: Third-party cookies enable us to gather valuable insights into how users interact with our website. These cookies help us understand user behavior, track page views, clicks, and other metrics, allowing us to refine and optimize our content and user experience.
- Social Media Integration: We may use third-party cookies to integrate social media features and plugins into our website. These cookies enable users to easily share our content on various social media platforms and interact with our social media profiles directly from our website.
- User Experience Enhancement: We may utilize third-party cookies to improve the overall user experience by offering features like live chats, customer support, and interactive elements that require integration with external services.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- TO IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE: The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- TO PERSONALIZE USER EXPERIENCE: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- TO IMPROVE OUR SITE: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- TO PROCESS PAYMENTS: We may use the information Users provide for themselves when placing an order only to provide service in that order. We do not share this
information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- TO SEND PERIODIC EMAILS:
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order.
It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
HOW LONG WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Our Site is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our data protection officer.
HOW TO ACCESS, MODIFY, DELETE, OR CHALLENGE THE DATA COLLECTED
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our data protection officer at [email protected] or by telephone at 613-402-9780.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on August 4, 2023